This Organization was established on 1st of October,1948, immediately after a year of Indian Independence, in the wake of the highest patriotic vibrations and noble nationalistic feelings and noble cause, under the column 10 of Mumbai State laws of co-operative societies, 1925, vide No. 9960. Since its grand inception, the journey to progress has remained steady and the graph of growth has reached heights.
Initially the number of membership, share capitals and share reserve funds was moderate. But due to immense growth of organization in various fields by providing good quality services to its members the member strength as well as the share capital has grown manifold. To give you brief highlight of the growth of organization.
|At the Time of Establishment (1948)||At Present (2012)|
|No. of Members||262||6466|
|No. of Shares||1246||17,147|
|Total Turn Over||Rs.77,49,033/-||Rs.40,58,19,853/-|
Our organization has been reaping the rich harvest of the vision and insight, labour and care of its office- bearers. The most important aspect which make us tall-talk here, that during the etire life (for 61 years) of its existence, this organization has not witnessed any election for various parts of office bearers. During the administration of 60 years, say more than half a century only 4 presidents have administered its function so far. They too, had been selected unanimously. The Organization covers 72 villages of Bardoli Taluka under its umbrella.